Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Graham Cracker Pork Chops

Tuesday, tuesday.


the menu:

Graham Cracker pork chops
Cheesy potatoes
Rolls
Asparagus
Grapes/Strawberries


the instructions:

Bake pork chops covered at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.
Bake potatoes at 350 for 45 minutes (I will probably bake the potatoes with the pork chops, low and slow.)


the recipes:

Pork Chops (from Denny's mom)

Dip chops in melted butter and then coat in graham cracker crumbs. I know, this one is really difficult.


Cheesy Potatoes

12 large potatoes, boiled and grated or 1 (24 oz) bag frozen country style hash browns, thawed
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 c butter, melted
1/3 cup onions, chopped
2 cups corn flakes
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Combine soup, sour cream, cheese, 1/2 c melted butter and onions. (I used onion powder because I do not like crunchy-or even slightly crunchy-onions in my soft potatoes, and I used 2 T of butter.) Gently blend in potatoes. Pour into 9x13 glass baking dish. Crush corn flakes and mix 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle on top. (Or omit the corn flake topping and just sprinkle with paprika--that is what I did.) Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for a yummy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thelissa if you used regular potatoes and not ones that come shredded, you ARE my hero!

    Everything was sooo good. I guess I really like graham cracker porkchops! Who'd of thought? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was soo good. My mom and aunt came over and they LOVED it.. super good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete