Thursday, March 26, 2009

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches

Steak/Ck (please let me know if you had enough meat, so I know for next time!!)
Bell peppers and onion
Cheese
Broccoli Salad
Chips
Cake

Heat oil in 2 pans, cook meat (season to taste with salt and pepper) in one pan and veggies in the other.

Option 1: Pre heat oven to 450. Butter/Mayo rolls, place meat, veggies and cheese on rolls then put in oven till cheese is melted.

Option2: I was told this is how you make an “authentic” Philly Cheese Steak. After you have cooked meat, put rolls flat side down in meat juice, let roll soak up juice, remove from pan then place all the fixings on top.


Broccoli Salad

2 cups red grapes
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup raisins
4 cups broccoli heads, chopped
Optional 4 or 5strips bacon (fried and crumbled)

Dressing

½ cup sugar
1TBSP Vinegar
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 TBSP canned milk

Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl, mix dressing, pour over salad mix and serve.

3 comments:

  1. I have one word for dinner "yummo"! The only problem was that I kept munching on that broccoli and ended up with a tummy ache.. It might be awhile before I eat that much broccoli again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy, and we had plenty of meat. I had the same problem as Kim, except with the cake. Thanks Bree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it all...didn't know there was cake until I found a suspicious pan in the frig on Saturday. I had long since recovered from the broccoli and sandwiches, and enjoy every bite.

    ReplyDelete