Monday, May 4, 2009

Body Wash

Mexican Lasagna
Homemade Pinto Beans w/ Ham
Sticky Spanish Rice
Mike's Corn Salsa
Tortillas (Just a few in case one of the kids or adults don't like the Lasagna)
Chips
Sour Cream
Philosophy Carrot Cake

Ingredients:

1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
4 scallions, coarsely chopped
10 ounces fresh baby spinach
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup prepared salsa (mild or medium)
8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, grated


Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a food processor, combine cilantro, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with as much spinach as will fit; pulse, adding remaining spinach in batches, until coarsely chopped.

Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Lay 4 tortillas in bottom of dish (they will overlap slightly). Layer with half of beans, salsa, spinach mixture, and cheese; repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with cheese and pressing in gently.

Cover dish with foil; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes; remove foil, and continue baking until golden, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Carrot Cake Side Note:

I have been using the Philosophy Carrot Cake Body Soap and it smells so "real". I decided I needed to try the recipe on the bottle, surely it tastes as good as the soap smells. Well, I started feeling guilty after I started making it so I only made three loaves. You ladies will have to tell me how it tastes. I licked the batter of course, but that is not a real indication. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I personally did not like the lasagna so I will NOT be making it again. It was dry. The boys and Mike ate it...Mike will eat anything and the boys wanted to get down, so that is not something I can measure against. Sorry. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denny and I ate after the kids went to bed and really liked the lasagna. I refused to share the carrot cake and ate it all myself :). Seriously-the whole loaf. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat as Thelissa, I ate the whole loaf myself...I am not sure I am talking to you anymore! ;0)

    ReplyDelete